Maybe I’m a huge dork, but I have been so excited for this date! It’s the last time this century that the numbers will line up so that the day, month, and ending year numbers all coincide. Last year’s 11/11/11 was a very special day as well, I was in a room with several hundred people doing this meditation exercise and, I don’t know, I think I felt some energy! Anyways, this year I don’t have anything special lined up, but here are a few ideas for some fun things you can do to celebrate.
12 things to mark 12/12/12
- Drink some bubbly! What does this have to do with 12? Nothing! It’s just to celebrate! Pictured above is one of my favorites, Cupcake Vineyards Prosecco.
- Eat some eggs! Not a whole dozen, mind you, but because they come in a set of 12, it’s kind of fun. Maybe make some Eggs and Noodles? Or do breakfast for dinner, that’s always fun.
- Cupcakes! Same idea here.
- Watch 12 Angry Men. One of my favorite movies anyway, but if you haven’t seen it in a while, now is a good time!
- Watch the Dirty Dozen! If you haven’t seen this, the cast is incredible, Lee Marvin, Charles Bronson, Donald Sutherland, and more. It’s a great 60s era war movie. Dad, have you seen this one? Of course you have!
- Buy a new watch. If you are in need of a new watch, why not buy one today? 12 hours in a day, 12/12/12, it works, right? This one is particularly cute!
- Get married! Had I thought far enough ahead I would have seized the day here because I am a sucker for symmetry, and it’s a great date to mark with a really important event. Also, supposedly according to numerology, it’s a date when masculine and female energies merge. Hmmm, kind of suspect, but oh well.
- Go Bowling! It’s 12 strikes to a perfect game, so, you know, no pressure.
- DON’T play the lottery, tons more people will be trying their luck on this “lucky” day, so your chances of winning are not that good. Unless you are feeling VERY lucky, then buy a ticket for me too, we’ll split it.
- Buy your 2013 Calendar! I am in LOVE with THIS one from Rifle Paper Co. So cute!
- Meditate. Sometimes the best thing you can do is enjoy some quiet time and really appreciate the moment you are in right at this second. For extra points be meditating around 12:12pm Also, on a similar but different vein, today is a great time to attract things into your life that you want, and to let go of things that are holding you back. Get started on your resolutions early and really focus on your energy and intentions for this next year.
- Try not to freak out about the end of the world. Do something nice for someone instead.
- Bonus! Leave me a comment about what you will be doing today! Am I crazy for celebrating a date? Or are you excited too? Let me know in the comments!
Happy 12/12/12 everyone! I hope you have a wonderful day!